Svishtov Municipality is situated in the northernmost part of Veliko Tarnovo District and borders through the Danube River the Republic of Romania and the following municipalities: Polski Trambesh in Veliko Tarnovo District, Tsenovo in Ruse District, and Levski in Pleven District. This is where the southernmost point of the Danube river is located, which means it is the shortest way from the Danube River through Stara Planina and the Valley of Maritsa River, to the Aegean Sea.
Svishtov is one of the leading industrial and agricultural centers in Veliko Tarnovo District developing a mixed type of economy.
In its territory there are presently 120 official archaeological, art, and architectural monuments of culture of local and national significance.
- The “Town Museum of History”;
- The “Ethnographic Museum” – The Ethnographic Museum in town of Svishtov is housed in one of the oldest buildings in Svishtov – Sladkarovata house. The building was constructed in 1800 and is very impressive, resembling a small castle. In the individual rooms are set folk costumes, art jewelery and goldsmith, church plate, wine vessels, fishing tools, etc., related to the life of the local people in the past;
- The “Aleko Konstantinov House-Museum” in which the heart of the great Bulgarian is preserved in a glass vessel. The museum contains an interesting exhibition, recreating the most important moments of the short but rich of events life of the writer, the artist and the public figure – Aleko Konstantinov;
- The “Holy Trinity Church” which is the most interesting architectural monument;
- The Clock Tower of Svishtov – was built at the entrance on the commercial street. An inscription in Arabic on two marble plaques offers details about its building. Svishtov’s Tower Clock is a cultural monument of national importance;
- The Monument of the Donors.