Slomer is a village in Northern Bulgaria. It is located in the Municipality of Pavlikeni, District of Veliko Tarnovo.
The village of Slomer is located in the middle of the Danube Hilly Plain, Central Northern Bulgaria. It is located 10 miles north of the town of Pavlikeni, 35 miles from the regional center of Veliko Tarnovo and 25 miles south of the town of Svishtov. Together with the neighbouring villages Batak and Karaisen form a kind of isosceles triangle with a distance of 2 miles from each other.
The population is approximately 379 people.
The roads leading to the village are from the third-class Republican road network, but are relatively good for travelling. During the winter period, they are cleaned and sanded.
The settlement is located in the valley of “Studena Reka” River, which originates from a fountain located 700 metres in the village. It is surrounded on all sides by hills, making the climate in the village itself pleasant to live in all the seasons.
It has not been known since when the Village of Slomer was established. There is a legend that in ancient times in Slava Mogila, which is located about 1 mile northwest of the village, there is a battle between opponents who subsequently made peace. There are tops of arrows and parts of other weapons found there. Under this version, the village was called “Slavamir”.
Interesting landmarks near the village are:
- In the centre of the village of Slomer was built a soldier monument-fountain in honour of the soldiers who died in the wars 1912 – 1913 and 1944 – 1945;
- Community center “Razvitie” was founded in 1895 and has a library and a non-working cinema hall;
- The Orthodox Church of “St. Ivan Rilski” is painted with frescoes and frescoes, well preserved and authentic – from its construction;
- The village has fifteen fountains with spouts, “put” for watering animals and special places for washing and drying clothes;
- In the localities “Slava mogila”, from which the village has its name, “Trite mogili”, “Koriykata”, “Stranata”, “Zad bardo”, the forest “Kusora” and the whole village of the village, you can encounter different natural landmarks.
The village of Slomer is a quiet village, which makes it an excellent place for recreation and living.